by Shirley Lamy
These little balls of energy are ideal for starting your day with panache or recharging the batteries at snack time, and Café Berry says it!
Shirley, its founder, reveals her recipe:
Ingredients (for 10 balls):
- 100 g medjool dates
- 60g sunflower seeds
- 40g almond
- 20g rolled oats
- 40g cocoa powder
- 1 vanilla pod or vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon of Immunity or Energy
- 100g 70% dark chocolate
- 2 teaspoons melted coconut oil
- Toppings: matcha powder, coconut, hibiscus, sesame...
- One hour before starting the recipe, pit the dates and put them to soak in cold water.
- Drain the dates and put them in your blender with the sunflower seeds , almonds, oatmeal, cocoa. Scrape the vanilla pod and add its seeds, as well as the Immunity or Energy spoon. Blend until smooth and sticky.
- Form about ten balls with your hands of the size of your choice and reserve them in the fridge, covered, 2 hours minimum.
- Prepare the glaze by melting the dark chocolate and adding the teaspoon of coconut oil. Dip one side of the snack balls in the melted chocolate and immediately decorate with a pinch of coconut, matcha, hibiscus or other.
Have fun !
Curious entrepreneur and passionate about food, Shirley is the founder and chef of Café Berry in Paris. With a healthy and gourmet diet, Berry proves on a daily basis that it is possible to reconcile pleasure and well-being. Quickly find their delicious creations as soon as they reopen at 10, rue Chapon - 75003 Paris.
Photo credit: @jey__m