By Julie Pradines, naturopath
Spring is a season dreaded by many. The manager ? Pollen that causes allergic rhinitis (runny nose and eyes, irritated throat).
We therefore contacted Julie Pradines , naturopath. She gives us her 6 best tips for better living with allergies.
STRENGTHENING YOUR INTESTINAL BARRIER
If your body is congested, it is partly due to your diet and a weakened intestinal barrier. It must therefore be reinforced, for this:
- Reduce your consumption of foods that disrupt the intestinal flora such as sugar, salt, fat.
- Also avoid those that tend to irritate the intestinal barrier, gluten (white wheat) and dairy products (especially cow's milk). In addition, dairy products produce mucus, amplifying congestion in the lungs and sinuses, they are therefore to be avoided as much as possible.
AVOID ALLERGENIC FOODS
- Cheeses, fermented foods and drinks
- Cold cuts and red meats
- Fresh and canned fish
- Eggs (white)
- Shellfish and crustaceans
- Alcohols, especially white wine and champagne
- Tomatoes, cabbage, grapes, strawberriess, spinach
- Black tea, coffee
- Peanut-based foods
Think about dietary supplements that can relieve you, such as cure Immunity . This formula is very anti-inflammatory, it will help your body to better withstand the changes of seasons including allergies. Astragalus and the Reishi improve respiratory functions, boost natural defenses and strengthen resistance to infections.
SHOWER WHEN YOU GET HOME
Pollen residue stays in your hair, your clothes, and on your skin, so if you don't want to scatter it all over your house, take the shower.
CLEAN YOUR NOSE
Think seawater, Stérimar style. This will gently clean and remove dust and pollen breathed in during the day. To be done in the morning and in the evening.
RELIEVE YOUR EYES
To relieve the eyes, use a plantain or chamomile hydrosol.
Plantain hydrosol is particularly interesting in case of allergy because plantain has antihistamine, anti-allergic, anti-inflammatory and calming properties. Noble chamomile hydrosol is perfect for puffy eyes. It significantly soothes irritated eyes. To take advantage of all the benefits of your hydrosol, put some on a cotton ball and apply it to your eyes, without rubbing.